Geex United

Any and all things geek related.

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Renaissance Festival info

Searcher

I have started an adventure. Some of us Geex have given each other a goal of going to the next ren faire in costume. I wanted a place to put thoughts and questions and advice.  Let's hear the info.

I found patterns and costumes on ebay.  It still amazes me how much stuff is on that site.  I have bought pieces and patterns if anyone is interested in being a belly dancer.  

Is the next faire is the next faire in July or Oct? (Please be in oct, Im not ready..... bet its in july... lol)

May 31, 2011 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Searcher

Im talking about the one in wichita, ks.  But there are others everywhere. Where was your favorite?

May 31, 2011 at 9:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Geex Girl
Site Owner

The one in wichita is in october, the one in hutch, tish said is either this month or next month, she has not yet confirmed when exactly, but they do have a site  planned.

--

June 1, 2011 at 7:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Searcher

I found a flyer on long's window.  july 23 and 24. At fun valley.  Tish said they asked her to check over the grounds... She might let me tag along.... 

June 8, 2011 at 5:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Geex Girl
Site Owner

She said I could go to :)

--

June 11, 2011 at 9:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Searcher

Cool.... There's other details we should really talk about....

June 21, 2011 at 6:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Geex Girl
Site Owner

So the ren fair was changed to sept 3-5 now, instead of this month

--

July 6, 2011 at 3:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Templar
WTF!!! I was pumped to get my Ren on. Oh well, more time to find a sword to match my ren dagger to complete my muskeeter look. Low key muskeeter, black and white mostly, tan ostr feather in hat. Leather water bottle and belt pouch both in black.
July 8, 2011 at 7:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Templar
I think we need to help Zod put together a monk's garb. He could be our "Mad Monk"! Also Chris needs some barb garb. Lots of fur and horns with his two handed sword on his back.
July 12, 2011 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Searcher

Templar at July 8, 2011 at 7:00 PM

WTF!!! I was pumped to get my Ren on. Oh well, more time to find a sword to match my ren dagger to complete my muskeeter look. Low key muskeeter, black and white mostly, tan ostr feather in hat. Leather water bottle and belt pouch both in black.

I know!!! Found out at the parade.  What a jip. I think your outfit sounds cool.  

July 14, 2011 at 6:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Searcher

Templar at July 12, 2011 at 6:47 PM

I think we need to help Zod put together a monk's garb. He could be our "Mad Monk"! Also Chris needs some barb garb. Lots of fur and horns with his two handed sword on his back.

I think that would be cool!!!!! I know Red is WAY better at the sewing machine than I am.... Or I know about at least one halloween website....

July 14, 2011 at 6:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Geex Girl
Site Owner

Red is definitely more ambitious with the sewing than myself. I did find an ehow thing for a monk robe that might not be too hard...

http://www.ehow.com/how_7777392_make-medieval-monk-costume.html

--

July 14, 2011 at 10:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Geex Girl
Site Owner

2 more weeks left!!! Time to be finishing up your garb! 

--

August 20, 2011 at 3:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Geex Girl
Site Owner

Well I have finished my outfit, unless I decide to change something... which is very possible

Laura and I started a little on the monk robe, turning out to be more difficult than previously thought, but we now have 2 machines to use if needed :)

--

August 23, 2011 at 11:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Events - In the near future

Sunday, Feb 4 All Day
Saturday, Feb 10 All Day
Monday, Feb 12 All Day
Thursday, Mar 1 All Day